Best Hemp Foods For The Gut
Hemp Foods Australia is the largest Hemp Food Wholesaler, Retailer, Manufacturer and Exporter in the Southern Hemisphere.
Hemp Foods Australia was Founded by Paul Benhaim in 1999. Paul became well known after starting the UK Hemp Industry in 1993 creating Europe’s best selling Health Snack (9Bar) . Europe’s best selling Health Snack
Located in pristine Bangalow on Australia’s east coast Hemp Foods Australia’s 11,000 sq ft facility is 100% Australian Certified Organic. We employ purely mechanical, low-temperature processes for everything we do resulting in the most nutritious products possible. We are Australian owned and operated and our management have over 3 decades of combined expertise in Hemp Foods.
We have worked with many companies in the food industry and welcome inquiries from businesses looking to get involved with Hemp Foods and fiber. Since our inception in 1999, Hemp Foods Australia has been researching and developing the potential for an Australian hemp foods market. This has been ramped up since 2013 with our intention to create The Southern Hemispheres largest hemp foods processing plant.
UPDATE: Thanks to the COAG delays we continue to develop our processes and expect 2017 to be the year we are fully HACCP certified efficient processing facility. We expect full production for the Australian food industry to begin in 2017 whilst we begin to supply export markets with our trial products that are being used as a food in Japan, South Korea, North America and Europe
Certifications & Awards
Hemp Nutrition Overview Hemp seeds have been consumed as a staple food all over the world for thousands of years. They are an important dietary component because they contain an abundance of ESSENTIAL NUTRITENTS that are:
- BALANCED – on their own they provide much of what your body needs without over-supplying some nutrients while causing a deficiency in others.
- DIGESTIBLE – they don’t require cooking, soaking or crushing, your body can easily take what it needs and eliminate what it doesn’t. So your body isn’t wasting energy or suffering stress the way it does when trying to extract nutrients from animal or processed foods.
- SAFE – unlike many foods we consume daily, Hemp seeds do not burden your body with toxins, allergens, GMO’s or undigested waste materials.
- SUSTAINABLE – you don’t have to kill anything, poison the planet, exploit the ocean or risk anyone’s safety to obtain Hemp Seeds; they grow just about anywhere without needing fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides and require less water than wheat, rice or soy.
Hemp Seeds Nutrition
- Hemp seeds contain the highest amount of PUFAs (Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids) like Omega 3 and 6 – level with Walnuts for the #1 position at around 47g of PUFAs in every 100g of seeds.
- The highest quality and quantity of Protein. Hemp protein is gluten-free with a complete Amino Acid profile and Hemp is the only plant to make protein from Edestin making it more digestible than other forms of protein like Soy. And unlike Soy doesn’t cause allergies or contain estrogen compounds. Every 100g of Hemp Seeds contain approximately 33g of this high quality protein.
- GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) – one of only five known sources (Borage seed, Evening Primrose seed, Black Currant seed, Carrot seed, Wheatgerm) of this ‘wonder’ oil believed to be important for preventing inflammation.
- 15 times as much fat-fighting CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) as fish oil.
- Practically no Carbohydrates with less than half a gram of sugar per 20g serving.
- Gut-cleansing Fibre.
- Cholesterol-fighting Phytosterols – 1480mg per 20g serving.
- Minerals including Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and Zinc.
- Vitamin E plus other Antioxidants.
- B Vitamins including Folate.
- Vitamin D3 – the only known plant food source of this bone-building “sunshine” vitamin.
How To Use Hemp Seeds, Oil and Protein Powder
Soft, tasty Hemp Seeds can be used for making Hemp Milk, Hemp Ice Cream, Hemp Hommus, sprinkled onto breakfast, lunch and dinner meals or eaten on their own. They can also be used in making skin products like our Hemp Milk Soap. See our Recipes page for ideas. Delicious Hemp Oil is used as a treatment for various skin conditions, as a general skin moisturizer, as a salad dressing, for dipping bread into, for making sauces or simply drizzled over meals to boost their nutrient content. Smooth nutty Hemp Protein powder is used to boost the protein quality and quantity of smoothies snack bars and flour mixes such as in bread, muffins and pasta.